The Youth Program at Covenant seeks to connect young people to each other, the whole church, and the whole world through faith in Jesus Christ.
Our youth programs are built on the five intentions of the Presbyterian Youth Ministry:
- To call young people to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
- To respond to the needs and the interests of young people.
- To work together, youth and adults, in partnership.
- To be connected to the whole church, community, and the world.
- To include all young people, reaching out and inviting them to belong to the community of faith.
Covenant Presbyterian Church shares in the Vision for Young People in the Church as stated by our denominational office for ministries with youth:
In the midst of a beautiful and broken world, we have a vision for ministry with young people that unites youth in Christ with all other generations and proclaims the love of God without end. This vision gives us hope for a Church that:
- Is authentic, made up of communities of faith that live what they proclaim;
- Participates in, and pays witness to, the lively, joyful reality of the grace of God for the whole world;
- Helps young people to understand what it means to be saved by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, so that they will, as God does, view all people with love and possibility;
- Expresses God’s boundless love by embracing young people as they are, where they are, and where they could be, inspiring them to share their ideas, dreams and unique gifts with the world and the church;
- Acknowledges and celebrates youth as the keepers of God’s world, capable of serving as agents of healing, friends to the friendless, and leaders along the path of Jesus;
- Encourages young people to live and lead with humility, but also with confidence and joy;
- Accepts that it may be changed, even re-made, through the power of the Spirit and by youth’s energy, freshness, and vitality.
Study Opportunities with Covenant Youth
Sunday School During the Faith Formation hour on Sunday mornings (9:45 – 10:45am), we bring all the youth together to learn from each other as we dig deeper into the main lectionary scripture used in worship each Sunday. They meet in the Sr High room on the Upper Level of the education wing.
Fellowship, Fun & Mission with Youth
SUNDAY Youth Events will start up again in September 2019. Stay tuned for more details.